Welcome to my Fundraising Committee Newsletter!

I've created this page for up-to-date information on my Fundraising Committee meetings and events.
This page is for volunteers only. If you are not in the Fundraising Committee, please send me a message on how to join & what's involved in being a volunteer (you can also read the 'Your Help is Needed' section). Thank you for your help! NFT Fundraising in Honor of Victoria Santiago

Thursday, September 29, 2011

October 4th at 6:30 PM is our First Committee Meeting!!

I just got off the telephone with the Supervisor of Sunset Park Brooklyn Public Library.  We have been approved to hold our meetings, every other Tuesday, at 6:30PM, starting October 4th.  I was a bit hesitant on the dates to meet, whether to have the first meeting on October 4th, or on October 11th.

Since October 4th is 5 days from now, I think that's sufficient notice for the first meeting.  The meeting will take place at: 5108 4th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11220 at 6:30PM sharp!


I would ask everyone to aim to get there by 6:15PM, since the meeting will start at 6:30PM, plus, as the library closes at 8:00PM, we must wrap up the meeting at exactly 7:30PM.

The agreement with this facility is determined every 3 months to have our meetings there.  I really would have preferred a Saturday, however, I've been on the phone all week and Saturdays are pretty much taken on most of locations.

I did meet a very nice woman, but she was the supervisor of the Walt Whitman branch, which is very far, also, they're not open on Saturdays.

I realize that this may be a hardship for volunteers to get there, which is why I'm not holding meetings every week, they are being held twice a month.  Here is the calendar of our first meetings:

  • October 4th, 2011, 6:30PM 
  • October 18th, 2011, 6:30PM
  • November 1st, 2011, 6:30PM
  • November 15th, 2011, 6:30PM
  • November 29th, 2011, 6:30PM
Some of these future dates for meetings may coincide with a holiday, and when that happens, the meeting will be adjourned another two weeks, and you can get all of that info right here!

Please bring a friends with you to this first meeting, as the first meeting is very important, and will cover the basics of being a volunteer, and paperwork, and important information will be shared.

As luck would have it, we can start the 'Canister Campaign' very soon, since Lowes is generously making a donation of quart-sized paint cans on October 3rd, the day before our first meeting.  However, I don't want everyone to feel overwhelmed, so perhaps I will cover that the following meeting.

I don't believe that I can bring my coffee pot :-(, but, I can get the large box of brewed coffee from Dunkin Donuts for all who attend.

Please send me an email and let me know if you are attending this meeting, and if you are bringing any friends with you, so I can get an idea of how many people will be attending.

Thank you all so much, and I really hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment