Welcome to my Fundraising Committee Newsletter!

I've created this page for up-to-date information on my Fundraising Committee meetings and events.
This page is for volunteers only. If you are not in the Fundraising Committee, please send me a message on how to join & what's involved in being a volunteer (you can also read the 'Your Help is Needed' section). Thank you for your help! NFT Fundraising in Honor of Victoria Santiago

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Got a Location! But...

Ok, as the title says, I've finally got a location, however, Saturdays were full.  This is at the Brooklyn Public Library in Sunset Park on 51st & 4 ave.

They're open on Tuesdays and Thursdays until 8PM though.  Unfortunately, the latest time I could book was for 6:30PM (since we have to be cleared out by 7:30PM and this is a one hour meeting).

Will this be a hardship for you to get to?  Remember, this is only 2 days of the month, it's every other week.

I've been trying really hard to find a location at a church, with no luck.  One priest actually said "He's not interested, and doesn't have the room" to me in an email.  When he said that, all of my 'kindness' flew out of the window!  I replied "You're not interested?  Or you don't have the room?  You're not interested in a Catholic woman who is dying of liver disease with a 10 year old son to raise?  If you don't have the room, then do you know of a location that perhaps can help me?"  What a jerk!  And this is from a priest!

Anyways, please let me know ASAP if this time & location works for you (it's right off the N & R trains on 53rd Street & 4th Avenue).

Also, at the library, it's an 'open door' policy, so I'm pretty sure that there will be more volunteers, since the meetings will be posted on the library community board & cycled throughout the library.  I hope that this time & location works for everyone.  I will know before Friday if the day will be Tuesday or Thursday, but it will be at that date and location.  Thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment