Welcome to my Fundraising Committee Newsletter!

I've created this page for up-to-date information on my Fundraising Committee meetings and events.
This page is for volunteers only. If you are not in the Fundraising Committee, please send me a message on how to join & what's involved in being a volunteer (you can also read the 'Your Help is Needed' section). Thank you for your help! NFT Fundraising in Honor of Victoria Santiago

Thursday, October 13, 2011

What's been going on lately...

First off, I'd like to thank all of my volunteers who've emailed and mailed my Appeal Letters out, and were able to raise substantial funds thus far.

For those who are volunteering, I've sent all of you an email that you can forward to all of your contacts, to help spread the word around.  We've made a big improvement and have raised funds, and I'm also happy to say that, thanks to Lowe's for their donation, the quart-sized paint cans have been slit on the lids, so that for our next meeting, we can discuss the 'Canister Campaign' and those who think they can get businesses to put a canister at their establishment, this would be a great campaign.  Even if we only get $2.00 in each can per week, with 18 cans in circulation, that's $32.00 a week, so every amount helps.

Of course, choosing a proper business to put a canister at is a major factor.  You don't want to place canisters at locations where customers go to and spend a small quantity of money at, or places that just don't have any counter space, or a store where a clerk is rarely at the counter, since this maximizes the threat of theft.

All this, and more, will be discussed at October 18th's meeting.  I'm still hoping on getting a new location where these meetings can be held on a weekend, and it's not difficult for the volunteers to get to.

Keep up the good work, everyone!  Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment